Limboland - A year of unsettled living.

Oh hey, I'm back and don't think that I'm up on blogging, it's been 10 years or so but it's something I need to do, "I think".

It's been one year and 5 days since I've stepped foot into the Creek house,  oh how I miss that solitude and creativity while listening to the creek trickle and the birds feeding on the flower seeds, and the random bucks eating my shrubs.

Last Friday, November 8th,  the one year anniversary, I walked the property with 40 packets of Shasta daisy seeds, I sprinkled them along my usual path thats nestled along the creek, I had visions of another spring blanket of fresh white daisies.  I also rewalked the path from the house to the shop like I used to do every morning.  Is wanting to live a fruitful and familiar life too much to ask?  I desperately want to jump back into that semi carefree way of living, it's kind of like living in oblivion.  I feel like a kid who just found out the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus were a lie, the reality of life is right here, in my head, no lie, it's raw and unsettling.

This year, I've traveled 10,000 plus miles throughout the west.  In the meanwhile, the travels I guess were somewhat a distraction from what I was feeling.   Under all of the circumstances, I'm grateful to be alive and grateful to have had so many good-hearted people donate clothing, tools, money, and so so much love. I needed all of it.


I started working within a couple of months after the fire, I had minimal tools, but was ambitious enough to start all over again, like I did 15-20 years ago.  The best part though was that I knew what I was doing this time and knew better about the tools I was using and knowing what I needed.  In the earlier years, I had no clue how to silversmith or what tools to use,  I know better now.


At present, we're posted up in between our trailer and a ski rental up near Tahoe.  The best part is being at a higher elevation which is where I feel at home but I'm not, so I struggle. Friends are few and far between, and I'm a recluse to an extent so gosh, the excuses to find bliss are endless.


Several months ago, I decided it was time to get back into fabricating, my treasured tool... a Creme Brulee torch.  I created a piece that took all day and believe me, tears of both frustration and joy filled the room.

I've since accrued a lot of smithing tools from a CERF+ Grant, Jess of Rosy Revolver, by the way, she's a love!  Also, help came from the stores that sell Creek Jewelry.  I'm slowly on the mend and incredibly anxious to get back to good!

I'm signing off today with images of the past, present, and future.

*Mending the heart



                                                                               The
                                                                        Creek house
                                                                        (Before the fire)
                   






The Office






                                                              One of many favored rings
                                                                        "The Saddle Ring"







The Creek house
November 8, 2018
(Thursday morning)









The Present
An abundance of happiness to follow












Comments

Popular Posts